All lock requests must be submitted online before 4:00pm PST.
To lock a preferred rate and program, you will need to price your loan by navigating to the Pricing tab.
After registration, you will only be able to change the Rate Lock Period or Impounds. Once the Property & Loan Info is updated, choose your pricing filters - the Terms, Amortization Type and Product Type and Price for your preferred loan program.
When the results populate, you can request lock for your preferred rate and program.
After selecting request lock, a confirmation screen will appear requesting your consent and approval to notify the Lock Desk.
Rate Lock Tab
Once you confirm your lock request, you will lose access to the Pricing tab and you will land on the Rate Lock tab. The lock icon on the tab will change from grey to green, signifying your lock has been requested.
The Rate Lock tab contains your loan program, your lock status, your compensation, a pricing breakdown, your pricing adjustments, and your lock history.
- Program Information – Contains program and registration information. The Loan Program may differ from the Registered Loan Program if the loan program changed at any time.
- Lock Status – Contains the lock status, lock period, important lock dates, and lock comments.
- Originator Compensation – Contains compensation information. Click view lender comp plan details to see your current LPO plan. If pricing BPO, the compensation amount may be different than the amount in view lender comp plan details.
- Pricing Adjustments – Contains all pricing adjustments for your loan.
- Pricing Breakdown – Contains a breakdown of all adjustments and compensation, including the final price.
- Rate Lock History – Contains each change made to your lock, including the rate and final price.
Your lock status will be changed to Lock Requested. The definitions below will help you understand how your lock status will change throughout the lock process.
The Lock Desk will review your lock request. If they encounter any issues, they will contact the Loan Officer and Processor.
When your lock is confirmed, your lock status will change to Locked and the lock icon on the Rate Lock tab will close to signify lock confirmation.
If your lock expires or is suspended, the lock icon on the Rate Lock tab will change to signify an issue with your rate lock. If you have any questions about your lock, contact our Lock Desk by email at email@example.com or by phone at (949) 390-2687.
IMPORTANT: The following restrictions apply to lock requests:
- Suspended loans cannot be locked.
- All loans locked prior to loan approval will be considered a pre-lock and an additional fee may be applied.
- Pre-Locks must be submitted within 5 business days of the lock request.
- Our Laguna and Manhattan Jumbo programs may be pre-locked. Email your Account Manager the 1003, 1008, and credit report prior to 2:00pm PST for pre-lock approval. Their contact information is listed under Junior Processor in the Status and Agents If approved, request pre-lock by following the steps above.
Read our Lock Policies to learn about pre-locks, re-locks, float down, lock extensions and more.